Hosted by Emily Zobel-Marshall this episode is ‘in conversation’ with Kully Thiarai, Amanda Huxtable, Keranjeet Kaur Virdee, Sharon Watson and Kathy Williams, five Leeds-based cultural leaders. Together they explore the health and wellbeing of the cultural sector workforce, and intersections with ethnicity and gender.
This episode features discussion of the death of George Floyd and violence against people from Black and Asian communities.
Dr Emily Zobel Marshall (Leeds Beckett University) - Lecturer in School of Cultural Studies
- Kully Thiarai (Leeds 2023)
- Amanda Huxtable (Creative Producer and Director)
- Keranjeet Kaur Virdee (South Asian Arts UK)
- Dr Sharon Watson (Northern School of Contemporary Dance)
- Kathy Williams (RJC Dance)
- Afua Hirsch – Brit(ish): On Race, Identity and Belonging
- Layla Saad – Me and White Supremacy: A Guided Journal
- Reni Eddo-Lodge – Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race
- Akala - Natives: Race and Class in the Ruins of Empire
- Brook, O’Brien and Taylor – Culture Is Bad For You
To find out more about each episode as well as resources from each please visit: culturalvalue.org.uk/reflecting-value